Re: [opensuse] Home network problem
  • From: M Harris <harrismh777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 21:27:43 -0600
On Monday 04 December 2006 20:48, eharrison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> The connection is through a cable modem.  I didn't try pinging the boxes
> back and forth.
Make sure that your internal network is working first, then outbound.

> BTW, what setting would keep the router from forwarding the linux packets?
That depends on the router. Mine is another Linux box through a shylink
switch to the internal net, and nic to the outside... is your router
home-made (linux box, other) or is it a hardware package like the linksys, or
other?

--
Kind regards,

M Harris <><