Re: [opensuse] education
  • From: Rajko M <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 20:38:07 -0600
On Monday 04 December 2006 18:52, James Tremblay wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 18:37 -0600, Rajko M wrote:
> > On Monday 04 December 2006 09:22, James Tremblay wrote:
> > > Hello all,
> > > There is a new page on OpenSUSE,
> > > http://en.opensuse.org/Education
> > > please sign in and help us out.
> > > JT
> >
> > Nice idea, but I guess that you have to wait some time until people that
> > have interest and time join your project. That is the case with almost
> > any project. BTW, to me "The openSUSE Educator" sounds good as a name.
> >
> > Look at http://en.opensuse.org/MiniSUSE and tell me if you like the
> > formating.
>

> Rajko,
> I do like that formatting, it is very nice.
> I also like that project very much.
> I asked a mailing list I belong to,(NHSTI) that covers school tech
> directors in NH, about OpenSUSE and SUSE in general alot of them
> complained that Opensuse and it's 5 disk install was to much, one of the
> big reason's sited for going to Ubuntu, that and LTSP. if I were
> experienced in buidling a distro, that project would be #1 on my list.
> James

Project "The openSUSE Education" is added to
http://en.opensuse.org/Projects

I'll see to format the page tomorrow, but that will be all for now.

It would be probably good to locate educational content in openSUSE, make a
list and talk about on other mail list, ask for help in selection, what to
add or change. Look if someone will come and review your ideas on
http://en.opensuse.org/Education
That is probably shortest and most efficient way to recruit some volunteers.

--
Regards,
Rajko M.