Re: [opensuse] Maybe on Linux?
  • From: Russell Jones <russell.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 17:41:12 +0000
Sounds like a fairly old program. It may well work under wine (to a greater or lesser extent) in that case. See the application database at WineHQ.org, ask the supplier or test it yourself. Can you supply a link to somewhere the software is described (preferably the publisher's website)?

Russell Jones

James Hatridge wrote:
Hi all!

I'm thinking about buying some stamp software (I'm a stamp dealer/collector). The info says this:
the PC must have 200mhz with 64mb memory with Windows ME/2K/NT or XP and
browser Netscape 4.0, IE 4.0, or AOL 4.0 and a 16-bit color monitor. A
Macintosh needs OS X 128mb RAM and either IE5.1 or the Safari browser.
I don't know anything about it yet, but it looks like it runs only in a browser. I plan on using it under XP/VMware, but is it possible that it could work on SeaMonkey (FireFox) and Linux?

Thanks,

JIM