Re: [opensuse] OOo Java Issue
  • From: BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 10:35:19 -0500
On Monday 04 December 2006 06:37, Dave Barton wrote:
> I am running the Novell 64 bit edition of OOo 2.0.4 on SuSE 10.1
> x86_64 and I have Sun's 64 bit JRE 1.5 update 7 installed. OOo's Java
> options finds the installed JRE , but any attempt to use any of OOo's
> Java based functions returns an error. For example, try to create a
> simple address database table results in the following error:
>
> SQL Status: S1000
> Error code: 1000
> No Java installation could be found. Please check your
> installation!
>
> Has anyone here experienced a similar problem, or am I trying to
> achieve the impossible.
>
> TIA
>
> Dave
========

I think all you may need to do here is run the OOo admin or setup
program again and point it to the correct Java. I know mine was
confused also and it may have been because I had 1.4.2 & 1.5 installed
or something about the SUSE build, not sure. Running the setup again
though proved to be the thing that fixed it. Now I don't get anymore
complaints from OOo.

bye