[opensuse] OOo Java Issue
  • From: Dave Barton <db@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 22:37:09 +1100
I am running the Novell 64 bit edition of OOo 2.0.4 on SuSE 10.1 x86_64
and I have Sun's 64 bit JRE 1.5 update 7 installed. OOo's Java options
finds the installed JRE , but any attempt to use any of OOo's Java based
functions returns an error. For example, try to create a simple address
database table results in the following error:

SQL Status: S1000
Error code: 1000
No Java installation could be found. Please check your
installation!

Has anyone here experienced a similar problem, or am I trying to achieve
the impossible.

TIA

Dave