[opensuse] encfs fails on NFS mounted home from Solaris 9, SUSE 10.1
  • From: Alexandr Malusek <Alexandr.Malusek@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 17:45:52 +0100
Hi,

encfs works when I create the encrypted filesystem on a local disk:

$ encfs /tmp/.crypt /tmp/crypt
$ mount | grep encfs
encfs on /tmp/crypt type fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,default_permissions,user=malusek)

but it fails when I try to create it in a home directory NFS mounted
from a machine with Solaris 9 (tested on SUSE Linux 10.1 x86_64):

$ encfs ~/.crypt ~/crypt
EncFS Password:
fusermount: failed to mountpoint for reading: Permission denied
fuse failed. Common problems:
- fuse kernel module not installed (modprobe fuse)
- invalid options -- see usage message

It seems to work OK when the home directory is NFS mounted from a SUSE
Linux 10.1 server (tested on a different machine with SUSE 10.1).

Can anybody confirm that there is problem with encfs in SUSE 10.1 when
the encrypted filesystem is in a home directory NFS mounted from a
Solaris 9 server?

--
A.M.