Re: [opensuse] Is reiserfs dead?
  • From: Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 08:43:37 -0800
On Friday 01 December 2006 07:19, Dave Howorth wrote:
> Carlos E. R. wrote:
> > I have tested reiserfs on a dir with a million files and works fine. Try
> > that with ext3!
>
> I have quite a number of directories with 2 to 3 million files each,
> used quite regularly. I can confirm that I haven't had any problems
> under reiserfs 3.
>
> Cheers, Dave

Well, I'm sure it works. I don't have a quesiton about that. It just seems
"slow" to list.

When I go to my Documents folder or my media folder, there's always a long
pause and a bunch of disk activity while it loads the contents. I'm not sure
why.

I really don't care what filesystem I use. I just want it to work so I can get
my stuff done.
--
kai

a turn signal is a statement, not a request