Re: [opensuse] Kmail, moving mails from SuSE10 to SuSE10.1
  • From: Verner Kjærsgaard <vk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:20:37 +0100
Fredag 01 december 2006 13:34 skrev Will Stephenson:

> On Friday 01 December 2006 12:54, Verner Kjærsgaard said:
> > I'm finally doing it...moving my laptop DELL M90 to SuSE10.1
> > Why?; well 10.1 handles my advanced intel funny 3945 something wireless
> > chip just fine. As opposed to SuSE10 which doesn't.
> >
> > I need to move/copy my 1Gbyte Kmail over. Currently it's in
> > /home/vk/Mail/..., my Kmail config file is in
> > /home/vk/.kde/share/config/kmailrc, right? What else do I need to copy
> > over - and can I just copy it?
>
> Basically, but you would lose your kaddressbook data that way. I recommend
> copying all of .kde over. And I would wait a couple of weeks for 10.2
> instead of moving to 10.1 now. It's worth it for the package management
> improvements.
>
> regards
>
> Will

Thank you for your prompt answer!

- now, I think I'll listen to what you're saying...wait til 10.2 is ready.

- two things though...
- "copy .kde over", will that really work? It sounds nearly too good to be
true.. I could then copy my /home/vk/Mail folder into an
import-all-from-me-folder and then let Kmail IMPORT the mails?

Well, actually three things...
I was, like so many others, deeply disapointed and a little chocked to realize
the shortcomings of 10.1
I bought (like I bought ALL the others since 7.0) the package and installed it
just when it came out. What a disaster. You sound as if you know a little
more than I about the upcoming 10.2? Would you say that the update algorithm
has been solved and may be expected to work?

Would you recommend the OpenSuse or the official Novell issue?