Re: [opensuse] Favorite E-mail Clients
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 11:34:38 +0100
On Friday 01 December 2006 03:34, Brett I. Holcomb said:
> It should be able to download/send mail
> while you are composing and not just stop or give a blank screen when
> downloading mail until it finally finishes and judging from the bugzilla
> discussion I'm not the only one.  I hope that the maintainers get time to
> fix it.

Yes, we are working on it, but it's not a quick fix.

Some design decisions were made very early in the life of KMail that limit it
to serial operations. We're now addressing that with Akonadi for KDE 4 which
is a separate process (personal daemon) for storing mail and other PIM data,
and allowing KMail and other PIM apps to be reduced to lightweight
viewer/editor shells. This requires a parallel design, of course.

regards

Will