Re: [opensuse] Problem with ZMD, database lost
On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 21:45:38 -0900
John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thursday 30 November 2006 13:31, Sean Rima wrote:
> > For some reason my zmd database has been lost, when trying to do an
> > update I get an error message saying that it cannot parse the xml
> > data and that /usr/share/zmd/zmd.db cannot be opened. I checked and
> > there is nothing there
> >
> > Is there anyway to rebuild the database
>
> I think you just do the configure bit again (right click the updater).
> Select new repositories.
>
> Related complaint:
>
> If you ever invoke Yast Installation Source function without being
> connected to the net (and thereby unable to reach your selected
> repositories) it summarily kicks them out, and they don't always come
> back, even after reconnecting to the net.
>
> I wish it would just deactivate them and leave them there.

Ok will try that later on though I have a feeling I have done that but
I have had problems with your related complaint :)

Sean

--
Thawte and CaCert WOT Assurer

I believe that every human has a finite number of
heartbeats. I don't intend to waste any of mine
running around doing exercises. - Neil Armstrong

< Previous Next >