Re: [opensuse] Is reiserfs dead?
  • From: Robert Smits <bob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:24:04 -0800
On Sunday 26 November 2006 18:40, Thomas Miller wrote:
> I saw something about this project being shut down. Should I reinstall
> and replace it with ext3? My server is newly set up with nothing
> installed RC1 10.2. I did an upgrade on 10.1.

The project (Namesys) seems to be Hans Reiser, and his personal problems (he
has pled not guilty in the murder of his estranged wife) may lead to its
demise but no one knows at this point.

The only problem I have with reiserfs is that suse's partition manager doesn't
seem to be able to resize a reiserfs partition, which is why I installed with
ext3 when I added Suse 10.1

I wouldn't change to ext3 unless you anticpated resizing problems.

--
Robert Smits, Ladysmith BC Email bob@xxxxxxxxx