Re: [SLE] SuSE 10.1 and CUPS
  • From: Robert Cunningham <rcunning@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 22:56:37 -0400
Vahe Avedissian wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have an HP jetdirect j3265a print server with 3 ports. I have two printers
> connected (9100 and 9200). This used to work with SuSE 10.0 and still works
> with windoze. After the switch to 10.1 I can only get the first port (9100) to
> work. I cannot use my second printer.
>
> Has anyone experienced similar problems with 10.1?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vahe
>

> ---------------------------------
> Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously low rates.

Sorry for the delay had to drag my other printer upstairs to try it out.
tried it your way (9200) didn't work for me either.
However after a little Goggling I found if you mount the print server as a
network printer,,"print via a LPD-Style network server"
Under the Host name of print server put in your IP address of the HP
server box
then under remote queue name put "raw1", "raw2", or "raw3" with out
quotes depending on
which port you wish to print from.
it works fine.
BoB C