Re: [SLE] Libzypp Issues - Where Are The Updates for Manual Downloading?
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 18:47:16 +0200
On Sun, Jul 02, 2006 at 12:41:41PM -0400, L. Mark Stone wrote:
> We have two HP DL360G4p servers running SuSE 10.1 that act as hosts for
> several Xen virtual machines.
>
> We are unable to update the physical machines using the method in
> Marcus's recent announcement; YOU shows that there is no update
> available. The machines were originally built without an Internet
> connection and have never been updated.
>
> We are thinking we could just download the set of updated libzypp rpm
> packages and install them manually, but with all of the repository
> movements, we are unable to find the download location. The (test)
> packages are no longer in the people/aj(?) directory. The wiki lists
> additional package repositories and installation source repositories but
> makes no mention of update repositories.

You need to add the update repository, either by the Registration module
or by adding in the "Installation Source" dialog manually.

Then run Yast Online Update once to install the libzypp update.

One mirror of this update repository is:
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/suse/update/10.1/

> How should we best proceed?

See above.

Please do not try to try manual RPM upgrades, you would need to update a whole
batch of RPMs at once ;)

Ciao, Marcus