Re: [SLE] Libzypp Issues - Where Are The Updates for Manual Downloading?
  • From: Ralph Ellis <ralphellis1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 14:31:29 -0400
On Sunday 02 July 2006 12:47, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 02, 2006 at 12:41:41PM -0400, L. Mark Stone wrote:
> > We have two HP DL360G4p servers running SuSE 10.1 that act as hosts for
> > several Xen virtual machines.
> >
> > We are unable to update the physical machines using the method in
> > Marcus's recent announcement; YOU shows that there is no update
> > available. The machines were originally built without an Internet
> > connection and have never been updated.
> >
> > We are thinking we could just download the set of updated libzypp rpm
> > packages and install them manually, but with all of the repository
> > movements, we are unable to find the download location. The (test)
> > packages are no longer in the people/aj(?) directory. The wiki lists
> > additional package repositories and installation source repositories but
> > makes no mention of update repositories.
>
> You need to add the update repository, either by the Registration module
> or by adding in the "Installation Source" dialog manually.
>
> Then run Yast Online Update once to install the libzypp update.
>
> One mirror of this update repository is:
> ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/suse/update/10.1/
>
> > How should we best proceed?
>
> See above.
>
> Please do not try to try manual RPM upgrades, you would need to update a
> whole batch of RPMs at once ;)
>
> Ciao, Marcus
You can do the manual upgrades but letting Yast or Smart do it is much easier
and more elegant. If you have to do a manual upgrade, get all of the packages
and go through them individually with.

rpm -Fhv --force --nodeps filename.rpm

I tried once to do them as a group or in small groups and it failed each time.
Again if you have an alternative to manually Freshening or Upgrading, use it.
There are up to 31 individual files depending on what is installed on your
system.
Ralph Ellis