Re: [SLE] Install of 10.1 - Not Happy!
  • From: Andy Goss <aegoss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 15:46:15 +1000
On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 08:36 +0300, Silviu Marin-Caea wrote:
> On Saturday 01 July 2006 03:50, Andy Goss wrote:
>
> > Bug resolved:
> >
> > "Your video BIOS does not pass the checksum test (and for good reason,
> > as
> > the bus error you see proves). hwinfo is expected to switch to using the
> > cpu
> > emulation in such cases - but, as it turned out, the code for this was
> > broken.
> >
> > I've fixed it for 10.2."
> >
> > So its a new graphics card, wait for 10.2 Final, or try 10.2 Alpha 2
> > when it arrives.
>
> Can the video BIOS be updated for that board? Maybe that would fix the
> checksum problem... Could you contact Intel?

Possibly, but the installer should be able to cope with it, as 10.0 did,
and every other distro I have installed, hence the fix in 10.2. I have
just been down to my friendly local computer shop (Free plug for PC
City, Croydon, Victoria, Australia) and bought a secondhand graphics
card, which I will try sometime in the next few days.
--
Andy Goss