Re: [SLE] CD-Drive problem
  • From: "Derek J. Carr" <Derek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 11:11:45 +0100
Carl William Spitzer IV wrote:

On Sat, 2006-06-17 at 17:47 +0100, Derek J. Carr wrote:

Hello,

My second CD/DVD-ROM drive is giving me a problem. SUSE 10.1 KDE. If I
insert an audio disk I get no sound. If I insert a data disk, I get the
following Konquerer error message:

"Method "Mount" with signature "sass" on interface
"org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume" doesn't exist

Can anyone help?

Best regards, Derek J. Carr, Birmingham UK

Seems you can only have one sound card connector and yours in on the
other drive. Try something simpler grip the music on the problem drive.

As to the mount try disabling the auto mount.

I tried disabling the auto mount, but it didn't stick. However, the mounting problem seems to have sorted itself out after I did that, although it still auto mounted.

It does make sense that only one CD can be playing at once, but I'd rather it was the DVD-ROM that was the player, rather than the DVD-RAM.

With best regards, Derek Carr,
Birmingham, UK
http://alldruid.co.uk/