[SLE] Moving /tmp
  • From: "Derek J. Carr" <Derek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 11:19:22 +0100
Hi,

Very much a new Linux user, but some user experience with Unix 20-odd years ago. I'm finding I'm running out of space in / because /tmp is filling up doing some backups and zipping. I have more room on a different partition so I'd like to move /tmp there. Of course /tmp isn't "mounted" at the moment. I'm just confused. How do I mount /tmp onto /dev/hda6 (where /local is mounted already) and have the system see it as the right tmp directory for zipping and such things. I'm using Suse 10.1 free on a i386 machine if that's important.

With best regards, Derek Carr,
Birmingham, UK
http://alldruid.co.uk/