Re: [SLE] Apache PHP modules
  • From: Peter Bradley <apvx95@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 20:17:54 +0100
Sorry to reply to my own post, but I don't want to waste anyone's time. I've top posted as well for the same reason.

I found the line in php.ini that I though would do the trick, but it doesn't.

Looking back in the apache2 error_log, I see there is a more fundamental problem. It seems that the module versions are not correct, because there are very many errors of the form:

"PHP Warning: PHP Startup: \x8cho\xae\xaa*: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=0
PHP compiled with module API=20041030, debug=0, thread-safety=0
These options need to match\n in Unknown on line 0"

I really have no idea where to go from here, because the modules were installed with YaST (originally), and updated via YOU - which is supposed to avoid this sort of thing.

Can anyone advise as to how I can synchronise these things? I looks as though that ought to be the first thing I do.

Cheers

Peter

Peter Bradley wrote:
I'm running SuSE 10.0 on AMD Athlon 64 x 2 with Apache 2.0.x and PHP 5.0.4 with MySql 4.1.x

Both Apache and PHP5 run fine in the sense that I can connect to localhost and get the Apache default page, and I can put a basic php page in the document root and Apache knows how to deal with it (e.g. I can run the standard <?php phpinfo(); ?> page).

They were installed via YaST and updated via YOU. I haven't used anything else.

I noticed I had a problem when I tried to write a script that connected to MySql. PHP reported an error saying it could not find the myql_*() functions. On investigation, I found that the apache2 error_log was full of warnings of the form:

"PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/extensions/xxxx' - /usr/lib64/php/extensions/xxxx: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0"

... where 'xxxx' represents the module in question, for example, the warning for mysql read:

"PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/extensions/mysql' - /usr/lib64/php/extensions/mysql: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0"

In short, not one PHP extension is loading because the required file is not found.

On investigation, I find that /usr/lib64/php/extensions contains shared object files (*.so). The files being reported as not found in the apache2 error_log appear to be executables that are located in /usr/lib64/php5/extensions.

Does anyone know if I've diagnosed the problem correctly, and - more importantly, I guess - how I can solve it?

Many thanks

Peter