[SLE] Multiple gateways
  • From: Thiago Vinhas <thiago@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 21:54:58 -0300
Hi,

I have a problem in a customer which I was been working on all day with no
progress...

This customer has one synchronous cyclades pc300 card, up and running directly
with a public IP provided by the backbone. They also have a ethernet card
configured as another public IP provided by an ISP.

The problem is that when I set the default gateway with the router where the
synchronous card is connected, the interface where I have another public IP
cannot be reached by outside connections. The same happens if I change the
default gateway to the other router (the one of the second connection), and
if I put both default gateways at the same time.

Does anyone has a clue on how to make this work? I don't want load balancing,
or anything like that. I just want to have this two connections working.

Regards,
Thiago Vinhas

BTW: I'm using Suse 10.1 on this server