Re: [SLE] Online Update via Yast2 problems
  • From: Shaun Q <shaun@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 23:23:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006, Marcus Meissner wrote:

On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 10:53:29PM -0700, Shaun Q wrote:
Hi there --

Running 10.1...

So I can start an online update through Yast2... it shows packages
available... I select them...

And then when I click "Accept" the window just disappears. I can repeat
this over and over. No error appears on the console.

Same thing if I just run "YOU" from the command line.

Any ideas?

This means that nothing was to apply and all is fine.

Also, can anyone explain to me the difference between the Online Update
via Yast2/YOU and the iconified update manager (I think it's the
ZMD-updater) in 10.1? I'm a bit confused about the update process in this
new version.

There is not much difference, no. (Ideally none, but some small differences
are there... For instance the applet always upgrades the packages, even in
Optional patches.)

Ciao, Marcus

Marcus --

This is the case even though yast clearly shows one installed version and a newer available version?

Also, I'm finding that it does the same thing if I try to install another program using the software management yast function.

Thanks!
Shaun