[SLE] opening ppt presentaion in OOo
  • From: Istvan Gabor <suseuser04@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 11:29:34 +0200 (CEST)
Hello all:

I have a power point presentaion (ppt) file I would like to open
with OpenOffice.org Impress.
If I try to open it with the default SUSE openoffice package the
process hangs and I have to kill it from a terminal. This
happens in SUSE 10.0 and 10.1 with different OpenOffice
versions, including 2.0 prerelease, 2.02 and 2.03.

However the native OpenOffice package, downloaded from the
OpenOffice site has no problem opening this ppt file (also tried
with 2.0, 2.01, 2.02).

Since this behavior occurs only with the SUSE package through
different versions, I think it can be more likely related to a
different default setting between the two OOs, rather than to a
bug. Of course I am not sure.

Please write me if you have an idea what can make the
difference and how I could make SUSE's OpenOffice open the
file.

Thanks,
IG