[SLE] Changing eth1 to eth0
  • From: Rui Santos <rsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 13:05:34 +0100
Hi all,

I've installed OpenSuSE 10.1, with one NIC. It was assigned the
'eth0' name to network device as it should be.
Now, I've replaced the NIC with another one and, it has the 'eth1'
name on the network device. I've tried to delete it with YaST and set it
up again with no success. Is there any way to change the network
interface name? I do not use NetworkManager.

--
Rui Santos
http://www.ruisantos.com/

They that would give up essential liberty for
temporary safety deserve neither one of them.