Re: [SLE] vmplayer 10.1
  • From: Matthias Titeux <matthias.titeux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 16:17:50 +0200
Hi michael,

I believe that if you type "Esc" or "q" or "Enter" (sorry bad memory), it will
quit the EULA text and you will be able to accept it.
I never installed vmplayer but I did install several times VMWare (though I
never read the EULA ;-))
Be sure that kernel source and gcc are installed and do as root :
/usr/src/linux/make cloneconfig
/usr/src/linux/make prepare

before running the vmware-config.pl script and after every kernel update or
patch.

I hope this will help

(cannot try it right-now I have important stuff running on the virtual
machine !!)

regards

Matthias

Le Mercredi 5 Juillet 2006 16:16, michael norman a écrit :
> I am trying to set up vmplayer. I have installed the rpm from VMWare and
> when I run vmplayer from a konsole it tells me that
>
> bonds:/home/michael # vmplayer
> vmware is installed, but it has not been (correctly) configured
> for this system. To (re-)configure it, invoke the following command:
> /usr/bin/vmware-config.pl.
>
> Running that gives me
>
> bonds:/home/michael # /usr/bin/vmware-config.pl
> Making sure services for VMware Player are stopped.
>
> Stopping VMware services:
> Virtual machine monitor done
>
> You must read and accept the End User License Agreement to continue.
> Press enter to display it.
>
> When I press enter I can read the EULA but I can't find a way to say that I
> accept it. I can scroll down to the bottom, but don't know what to do
> then.
>
> I'm sure I'm missing something simple but can't thank what it is.
>
> Mike

Matthias Titeux, PhD
Departement de génétique des maladies epithéliums
INSERM U563 - CPTP
Pavillon Lefebvre, 5ème étage
CHU Purpan
31059 Toulouse cedex 03