[SLE] Disappointed with SLED 10 KDE
  • From: Shriramana Sharma <samjnaa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 06:41:04 +0530
I downloaded the free-to-download SLED 10 RC3, made a DVD using makeSUSEdvd
0.33, and wrote to a DVD+RW and installed.

I saw no improvements in the KDE interface. I chose not to install Gnome as
KDE is my preferred desktop. There seemed to be no big difference added to
KDE. YaST had a couple of more config options, IIRC, and the KMenu structure
was somewhat better than in SUSE regular.

This is where it makes me feel bad that Novell does not add these extra
functions to KDE while they can so readily do it to Gnome.

I think I am going to empty that partition after a couple of days, and delete
the downloaded (and created) ISOs.

--

Tux #395953 resides at http://samvit.org
playing with KDE 3.53 on SUSE Linux 10.1