[SLE] 10.1 rescue disk and linux raid1
  • From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 19:54:54 +0800
Can anyone else verify (so I can report this as a bug or know my DVD is
no good for rescue) that the rescue system in 10.1 will not work with a
linux raid1 one root, i.e. md0. I have a md0 raid 1 root and a md1
/home that I cannot mount to repair with the rescue option on the 10.1
DVD (i.e. self burned 6 cd isos downloaded and made into a DVD by
makeSUSEdvd script. Install worked fine, but rescue does not work for
me. My 9.3 DVD does work though on the same system. Too many variables
in this problem to be sure where the problem is (don't think it is
between the chair and the keyboard). Thanks for any help.

--
Joe Morris
Registered Linux user 231871