Re: [SLE] Date synch problem
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 14:56:29 +0200
On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 07:33 -0500, Jim Sabatke wrote:
> First of all, I *have* read Carlos Ronbinson's howto numerous times.
>
> I cannot get my system clock and the KDE clock in the corner of the
> screen to show the same time. I've tried more combinations of things
> than I can recall. They always show a 12 hour difference. For example:
>
> rm /etc/adjtime
> date --set=07:30
> *hwclock --systohc
>
> sets the system clock to 7:30 local time, but the KDE clock immediately
> jumps 12 hours ahead. BTW, the KDE display is also set to local time.
> My email goes out at the proper time in this mode.

The fact that it's 12 hours exactly seems to indicate that it's a am/pm
problem. I'm pretty sure that date expects a 24h time, so 7:30 is am,
and 7.30pm is given as 19:30

Could this be the problem?

By the way, the easiest way to set the correct time is to use ntp. Find
an ntp server close to you and do

ntpdate <server>

to synchronise