Re: [SLE] Date synch problem
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 16:02:00 +0200 (CEST)

The Friday 2006-08-04 at 07:33 -0500, Jim Sabatke wrote:

> First of all, I *have* read Carlos Ronbinson's howto numerous times.

Tks :-)

> I cannot get my system clock and the KDE clock in the corner of the screen to
> show the same time. I've tried more combinations of things than I can recall.
> They always show a 12 hour difference. For example:
>
> rm /etc/adjtime
> date --set=07:30
> *hwclock --systohc

Well, actually, the adjtime file should be deleted last thing, but I don't
think it is of consequence for your particular problem. It might be a
problem for next boot up, though.

> sets the system clock to 7:30 local time, but the KDE clock immediately jumps
> 12 hours ahead. BTW, the KDE display is also set to local time. My email
> goes out at the proper time in this mode.
>
> Then, if I bring up the 'adjust time' screen for the KDE clock and hit
> "cancel", the KDE clock shows the proper local time, and the system time drops
> back 12 hours.
>
> I'm tearing my hair out over this. Can anyone help?

Very weird :-(

I'd concentrate on having the system clock correct. I would do that before
login in into kde, for example, in text mode in the console. I would also
check again yast time configuration, and finally, start up kde. Posibly,
just posibly, kde gets confused if you change system time at mid-session.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson