[SLE] Xgl SuSE 10.1 => missing windows decoration
  • From: Matthias Titeux <matthias.titeux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 16:58:03 +0200
Hi,

I apologize if the following issue has been addressed before, but I could'nt
find any solution with Google.

I managed to install correctly Xgl+compiz (factory) on SuSE 10.1 using an ATI
X600 video card on a Dell Laptop. It worked nicely albeit a problem when
shutting down the X-server, so I had to manually remove the .X0-lock file
in /tmp/ every time I boot.
I then wanted to install the latest ATI driver 8.26.18.
After doing so, the window borders disappeared in Kde and in Gnome.
I decided to perform a new clean install of the system + new ATI driver + SuSE
factory Xgl packages... the problem is still there. (I even downgraded to
previous ATI driver 8.25.XX with the same result)
I tryed to follow many different Howtos without luck.
Xgl is running, all effects are there, but window borders are missing and thus
I cannot move them (that is the annoying thing !!).

Anyone has a clue ?

Thank you

Regards

Matthias
Matthias Titeux, PhD
Departement de génétique des maladies epithéliums
INSERM U563 - CPTP
Pavillon Lefebvre, 5ème étage
CHU Purpan
31059 Toulouse cedex 03