[SLE] Re: nautilus (was Re: [SLE] Getting list of files w/ first few lines displayed)
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 23:05:49 +0200
On Thursday 06 July 2006 08:27, John D. Herron wrote:
> Please forgive my ignorance about Nautilus: it is not listed in my
> application menus, so I assume it's not present on my system.

It's not listed there, so not seeing it in your menu isn't an indication.

Please note that nautilus, in addition to being a file manager, is also the
application in charge of managing the desktop in gnome. If you use KDE and
just run nautilus, you will find your desktop very strange and messy.

Unless you run gnome, I would just stay away from nautilus if I were you. It's
not worth it.