Re: [SLE] screensaver bug
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 11:59:50 +1000
Carlos E. R. wrote:
The Thursday 2006-07-06 at 13:18 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:

Definitely a bug.

A couple of weeks ago someone was asking on behalf of a friend/relative about
the screensaver not working correctly and I responded saying that I had read
that it was fixed in KDE v3.5.3 but I now can say that this is not true- the
screensaver is still broken. I have installed KDE 3.5.3 and the only way to
get the screensaver to behave is to turn off DPMS under Monitor configuration
and/or turn off the powersaver daemon.

Right, but my problem is in Gnome.

In kde, the bar dissapears. I have to do everything through alt-f2. And I don't intend to update my whole kde to solve that.

Which would indicate that this is either a kernel problem or a SuSE powersave daemon problem, no?

Cheers.

--
"It is well known that among the blind, the one-eyed man is king".

Desiderius Erasmus