Re: [SLE] Firefox problems.
  • From: "Rahul Raj" <systemdotout@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 10:23:05 +0530
Now the problem is fixed. I disabled ipv6 option from about:config and it
worked fine.
Pls see this link -
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Problems_with_webbrowsing_using_Firefox

Rahul.

On 7/4/06, Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Rahul Raj wrote:
> I dont think i have some cookie problems. They are enabled, and when i
> checked the cookies i could find novell and oreilly cookies(site that i
> could access).
>
> I couldnt find cookies for sites that i couldnt connect, eg google.com.
>
> Also, i have a direct connectin to the Internet.
>
> Rahul.
>
> On 7/3/06, Francesco Teodori <francesco.teodori@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Edit->preferences->general->connection settings
>>
>> Select direct connection to internet.
>>
>> Francesco
>>

>> Rahul Raj wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I cannot connect to all sites with Firefox. oreilly.com works but not
>> google/yahoo and many others.
>> When google.com is accessed, it shows "connecting to google" and
then
>> connection is lost.
>>
>> These problems are not shown up in Konqueror and it works really
well.

>> Are there any problems with my firefox settings?
>>
>> Rahul.

Which version of Firefox are you using?

I am using 1.5.05 (20060703) and am not having troubles with the sites
you mention (eg, oreilly.com).

Cheers.

--
"It is well known that among the blind, the one-eyed man is king".

Desiderius Erasmus