Re: [SLE] screensaver bug
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 21:36:48 +0200 (CEST)

The Friday 2006-07-07 at 11:59 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:

> > > get the screensaver to behave is to turn off DPMS under Monitor
> > > configuration and/or turn off the powersaver daemon.
> >
> > Right, but my problem is in Gnome.
> >
> > In kde, the bar dissapears. I have to do everything through alt-f2. And I
> > don't intend to update my whole kde to solve that.
>
> Which would indicate that this is either a kernel problem or a SuSE powersave
> daemon problem, no?

No, I don't think so. The disappearing bar in kde is a kde problem,
obviously.

And the screensaver problem in gnome is, again, a problem in gnome.
Actually, I simply disabled the screensaver (Desktop / control center)
and the behavior is correct: I get the general X setup of using dpms to
power off the monitor at the appropriate time.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.