Re: [SLE] Opera 9.0 +Suse 10.1
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 16:01:43 -0400
On Friday 07 July 2006 15:22, Art Fore wrote:
> Oper 9.0, or 8.54 for that matter, has on average over 80% CPU useage.
> This causes the fan to go into high gear on my Inspiron 8500 laptop. Is
> there any solution to this problem? Found nothing on the internet.
>
> Art

Take a look at what screen(s) are up in opera. I have seen Opera take off
like that but it usually is due to something weird (like animation) going on
with a particular page.

And I am running 9.0 right now on my 10.1 system and I can't even see Opera in
TOP. (meaning it is low usage.

Go to a nothing page like mozilla.org (nothing fancy) and then look at the
usage.