[SLE] Suddenly I have to disable Apparmor to start postfix.
  • From: Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 19:08:10 -0600
Hello,

I can not figure out what has changed to cause this error. Suddenly today
after a power outage(2 hours) that caused a shutdown and reboot of the
system. I get in /var/log/mail...

Jul 7 18:37:46 xenau postfix[9301]: fatal: file /etc/postfix/main.cf:
parameter default_privs: unknown user name value: nobody
Jul 7 18:39:08 xenau postfix/postfix-script: fatal: the Postfix mail
system is not running

postfix starts after I disable apparmor without the message. I enable
apparmor and try to reload postfix and I get the error.

I have an other system with all the files exactly the same in
/etc/apparmor.d/ and /etc/apparmor/, that does not have the problem

I have apparmor running on it and I am able to start and stop it. The
/etc/main.cf files are almost totally the same. The only difference is in
the system name. master.cf is also identical. There is one other
difference. The other difference is one has a masguerade_domain and the
other does not.

One machine.
masquerade_domain =
The other machine.
masquerade_domain = zenez.com

On a third machine I have in dynamicmaps.cf
pgsql /usr/lib/postfix/dict_pgsql.so dict_pgsql_open

And it too fails with the message. None of the machines have a
etc.postfix.dynamicmaps.cf in /etc/apparmor.d.

All three machines have the exact same files in /etc/apparmor.d and
/etc/apparmor.

Any ideas on what I have to do to get apparmor to work again and fix it
for the third system that has pgsql in the dynamicsmaps.cf file.

Thanks,

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>