Re: [SLE] konqueror and fish://
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 19:19:13 +0200
On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 11:41:30AM +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
> Having recently discovered fish:// for konqueror, I've been trying out a
> few things. It's interesting to note that while some applications work
> just fine with remote files via fish://, others such as openoffice and
> gimp do not. Does anyone know if the application has to especially
> built to work with fish:// ?

fish:// is a kioslave.

KDE apps know how to accept URLs ;)

You can specify in the desktop file (or on the commandline).

If they only accept files, or undefined ... The KIO slave copies
the file to local storage first.

OOo might still open the file, but writing will not arrive back
on the place you got it from.

Ciao, Marcus