Re: [SLE] Creating PDF document in GNOME?
  • From: "Mark H. Harris" <harrismh777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 17:52:48 -0500
On Friday 07 July 2006 13:27, Curtis Rey wrote:
> Now I agree that GNOME is fine for those that use it and this is what
> Linux/FOSS is all about - choice.
Yes.
I prefer KDE over GNOME for the reasons previously listed, however, I do
not wish to see GNOME "vanish," nor do I really want to see a unified
desktop. Call it the Pepsi/Coke, Chevy/Ford thing.
Everything about it including the flame wars, competition, egos,
resentment, pride, glory, limelight, simplicity, power, and innovation---
make for a better product from which to choose. They (KDE and GNOME) play off
of each other--sharpen each other (if you will) like steel on steel--creating
a better experience for everyone regardless of their choice. So, I'm not a
GNOME basher, I just prefer KDE. At this point in time it seems more stable,
and for my open choice that's important.

--
Kind regards,

Mark H. Harris <><
harrismh777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx