[SLE] RealPlayer10 +Suse 10.1 +Opera 9.0
  • From: Art Fore <art.fore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 22:46:58 -0700
If anyone is using Opera 9.0 in Suse 10.0 or 10.1, I would like for you
to check the following.

Goto www.cnn.com and click on one of the free videos shown in several
places on the page. If it opens, it is a .wmp file, and plays, go to
Opera, Tools, Preferences, Advanced, Downloads. Scroll down to
video/x-ms-wmp, then cleck the edit button. Let me know what plugin is
shown in the use plugin window at the bottom of the dialog box.

Goto www.cbsnews.com, and click on one of the free videos shown in
several places on the page. If it opens, it is a .smil file, and plays,
go to Opera, Tools, Preferences, Advanced, Downloads. Scroll down to
application/smil, then cleck the edit button. Let me know what plugin is
shown in the use plugin window at the bottom of the dialog box.

I can play the video on cnn, but it comes up in Kaffeine and cbsnews,
all I get is a flash of the realplayer logo, maybe a flash of the video,
then it goes to a grey screen.

Cbsnews video works fine in firefox, but cnn not does not while the
videos on news.bbc.co.uk work both in opera and firefox (they are .rm
files).

TIA

Art