Re: [SLE] mount: only root can mount /dev/hdd on /media/dvdrecorder
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 15:57:50 +0200 (CEST)

The Sunday 2006-07-09 at 09:28 +0200, steve wrote:

> > > Nope. Can anyone send me the fstab line for their dvd recorder? SuSE 10.0
> >
> > /dev/dvdrecorder /media/dvdrecorder subfs noauto,fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid
> >,nodev,exec,iocharset=utf8 0 0
>
> Hi and thanks.
>
> Thats exactly what I have now but I still can't mount the disk. Or rather I
> can but I have to do it as root.

Notice that with the above line _you_ do not mount the disk; rather, the
system does so automatically as soon as it detects a disk in the drive. No
wonder that users can not "mount" it: it is not configured for manual
mount.

If you want to manually mount the cdrom, and allow users to mount as well,
you need something like this:

/dev/dvd /media/dvd auto ro,noauto,user,exec 0 0

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.