[SLE] Power down after bootup
  • From: "Douglas Dotson" <ddotson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 07:56:54 -0400
It seems that I have sucessfully installed SUSE. However, when I boot it after a while the
boot process seems to succeed but then the computer powers off. In the manual there
appears to be a different install process relating to power problems. Should I use the
"Installation - ACPI disabled" option? Can I just do this inasmuch as SUSE is already installed?
There is another option "Installation - Local APIC disabled" but no explanation of what this
is. What do APCI and APIC stand for? The install also did not detect my wireless interface.
I assume I can get that set up once SUSE boots up properly.

Thanks!
Doug