[SLE] Bug and Request: SuseFirewall2 for Suse 10.1
  • From: The Nice Spider <thenicespider@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 23:45:41 -0700 (PDT)
As suse promote to be: the world's most usable Linux
.... then after
testing suse firewall 2 which come from suse 10.1:

Bug:
1. after edit manually the
/etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2 then click on
Yast-Firewall-"Save setting and restart firewall now"
then i found duplicate
entry on section 16 in the
/etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2.
2. if i enable masquerading then even there is no
pop/smtp in the allowed
service, user still can access pop/smtp! how come a
novell firewall has this
bug?

Feature request:
1. user can entry redirect port, this usefull to
redirect squid port to
enable transparent proxy
2. user can determine which IP is block/unblock
3. user can create Group with certain access. i.e: IT
Group can access port
80,21,25,443 while GENERAL Groups only has right to
access to 80 and 443
4. online firewall monitor without using any
additional package!
5. add more common service in the service list, such
as: yahoo messager,
msn, ftp, citrix, etc. this usefull rather than
remember the port number
6. logging need option to:
a. limit the size of log (i.e: after 1 mb then
create new log file)
b. limit the date of log (i.e: log file create base
on date or month)
7. feature to reset all configuration to default
state!
8. any configuration that not yet supported by
SuseFirewall must be placed
on separate file (such as custom-scripts). example: if
i added a port
redirection in /etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2 then the
SuseFirewall2 will not
show this!
9. feature to display the plain text of firewall
configuration rather than
open manually (this spend my time, because i must know
whrere the config
file located).

Note: if suse team need any example of above request,
please try Winroute
for Windows or Wingate for Windows. There is trial
version of this programs
which work with fully feature! As I has been using
Windows firewall for
several years I like to help if any question from
"suse firewall team" or
maybe this team need some screenshot of above feature.