Re: [SLE] Why this mailing list can not reply to it self?
  • From: David SMITH <dave.smith@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 14:23:37 +0100
On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 05:53:25AM -0700, The Nice Spider wrote:
> 1. when i post to this mailing list, all text will
> wrapping to 40 chars,
> even my Outlook Express set to 76 chars.

I don't believe that is anything to do with the mailing list; it's
probably to do with your mail client. I don't think that anyone else
suffers from this problem.

> 2. when i press reply to any email in this mailing
> list, the "to address" is
> the "address of who send the email". in other mailing
> list it will show the
> "address of suse mailing list". so, I must press
> send to BOTH "the sender and the suse linux email".
> can moderator fixed this
> bug?
> please try Yahoo groups mailing list if you need any
> example to fix this
> bug. when you reply Yahoo groups mailing list then
> email will be send to
> yahoo groups address NOT the sender address.

Yawn.

This is not a bug. It's set like that on purpose. Some people disagree
with it. It's been brought up before on more occasions than I can count.
No-one has successfully argued to have the configuration changed.

Go look at the archive.

Then go and get a mail client that supports "Reply-to-List", and you'll
be happy.

--
David Smith Work Email: Dave.Smith@xxxxxx
STMicroelectronics Home Email: David.Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx