Re: [SLE] Why this mailing list can not reply to it self?
  • From: BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 10:34:14 -0400
On Friday 14 July 2006 08:53, The Nice Spider wrote:
> strange,
>
> 1. when i post to this mailing list, all text will
> wrapping to 40 chars,
> even my Outlook Express set to 76 chars.
> 2. when i press reply to any email in this mailing
> list, the "to address" is
> the "address of who send the email". in other mailing
> list it will show the
> "address of suse mailing list". so, I must press
> send to BOTH "the sender and the suse linux email".
> can moderator fixed this
> bug?
> please try Yahoo groups mailing list if you need any
> example to fix this
> bug. when you reply Yahoo groups mailing list then
> email will be send to
> yahoo groups address NOT the sender address.

First of all, choose a good mail client, Outlook does not fit in that
category, sorry. Yahoo, may not fit into that category either, since
you seem to be having trouble with it too. Second, the list performs
as it should with a good email client. Third, it's not a bug, it's a
feature and been talked to death as to how it operates. With either
Evolution or KMail, a simple press of the "L" key replies to the list.

Once you figure all this out, you'll see it's a better mousetrap. ;-)

We might need to point you to the archived site for emails also, so you
can search for other mails pertaining to the questions you ask.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=suse-linux-e&r=1&w=2

Maybe that will help some.

regards,
Lee