Re: [SLE] Why this mailing list can not reply to it self?
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 10:48:05 -0400
On Friday 14 July 2006 10:34 am, BandiPat wrote:
> First of all, choose a good mail client, Outlook does not fit in that
> category, sorry.  Yahoo, may not fit into that category either, since
> you seem to be having trouble with it too.
While I am certainly not a fan of Outlook or Outlook express, I don't think
I would categorize it as not a good email client.
> Second, the list performs
> as it should with a good email client.  Third, it's not a bug, it's a
> feature and been talked to death as to how it operates.  With either
> Evolution or KMail, a simple press of the "L" key replies to the list.
Many email programs (as you mention, KMail and Evolution) include a button
to reply to a mailing list. Many listservs include the header element,
"list-post:", that can be used to enable this feature.

Additionally, some email clients allow you to set some parameters for
folders. For instance, for my SuSE Linux folder, I have the default set to
use my blu.org identity.

There are many good email clients on both Linux or on Windows. And since we
are on the subject of Outlook, it is also the most dangerous from a virus
standpoint just from the standpoint that it is the most targeted.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group