Re: [SLE] Why this mailing list can not reply to it self?
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 18:00:29 -0400
On July Friday 14 2006 8:53 am, The Nice Spider wrote in an electronic
and somewhat quixotic manner:
> strange,
>
> 1. when i post to this mailing list, all text will
> wrapping to 40 chars,
> even my Outlook Express set to 76 chars.

I believe someone suggested you take that "bug" to the Outlook Express
people. Most of us here use about 72 characters , in deference to
those who read email w/ a terminal .. but this list doesn't change
what you have your client set to.

> 2. when i press reply to any email in this mailing
> list, the "to address" is
> the "address of who send the email". in other mailing
> list it will show the
> "address of suse mailing list". so, I must press
> send to BOTH "the sender and the suse linux email".
> can moderator fixed this

No, they will not fix this, it isn't broken. Can you hit " L" key and
reply to the list ? Or "R" to Reply to the rather than the list..? The
last bit is likely to get you a lot of hate mail or depending upon the
kindness of that stranger, a nasty message telling you to stop spamming
them.

> please try Yahoo groups mailing list if you need any
> example to fix this
> bug. when you reply Yahoo groups mailing list then
> email will be send to
> yahoo groups address NOT the sender address.

> http://mail.yahoo.com

well, oddly this list is owned by Suse ( or maybe now Novell ?) not
Yahoo, and while it may seem pequliar to you, most of us either like it
or live w/ it.. it really isn't difficult.

So the problem seems to be a random firing of synapses? Great..