Re: [SLE] Problems with Smart
  • From: Stephen Boddy <stephen.boddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 15:26:53 +0100
On Saturday 15 July 2006 07:19, Ron Wilson wrote:
> Smart has filled up my /var system and /opt which is including in same
> system. It is 2.1Gb but doing an update/upgrade it filled to 100
> percent. What can I safely delete out of /var is my first question and
> second is am I doing something wrong in just updating/upgrading the
> whole caboodle. How big should I make /var in future so that I dont run
> into this problem again.
> Thanks

Check the size of the /var/lib/smart/packages folder. Unless you have a
particular reason for keeping the files in here (i.e. sharing to other
machines) Then once they are installed, you can delete them. The easiest way
is with:
# smart clean

You may have set
# smart config --set remove-packages=false
at some point, which will stop smart deleting the files, so they'll just stack
up in there. If you don't need them just do:
# smart config --set remove-packages=true
--
Steve Boddy