Re: [SLE] Online update configuration error
  • From: Mello <mellowiz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 19:59:26 +0200
On 7/15/06, Rahul Raj <systemdotout@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I installed suse10.1, when i tried to setup online update configuration it
is giving one of the following errors:

1)
curl: (60) SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify
failed
More details here: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html

curl performs SSL certificate verification by default, using a "bundle"
of Certificate Authority (CA) public keys (CA certs). The default
bundle is named curl-ca-bundle.crt; you can specify an alternate file
using the --cacert option.
If this HTTPS server uses a certificate signed by a CA represented in
the bundle, the certificate verification probably failed due to a
problem with the certificate (it might be expired, or the name might
not match the domain name in the URL).
If you'd like to turn off curl's verification of the certificate, use
the -k (or --insecure) option.

or 2)
Execute curl command failed with '7':
curl: (7) couldn't connect to host

How do I install the Certificate and where do I get it from?

Rahul.

Hi Rahul,
You should be able to find them on the site of the repositories you are using.
In case of Packman for instance:
perform a ftp://ftp.links2linux.de/pub/packman/public-keys.asc then
$ gpg --import public-keys.asc

in case of suser-guru the location is:
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/suser-guru/guru-rpm.asc

Thanks,
-mw