Re: [SLE] Almost in a panic here...
  • From: yonaton@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 12:00:36 -0400
Quoting James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>:

yonaton@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I'm really starting to get worried that I messed something up very
badly, but I'm hoping that someone out there can help me figure out what
to do to fix it. I'll stay on as root for now to check my mail (I have
no other choice at the moment) as often as possible.

Thanks to anyone and everyone willing to help me with this problem.

As root, can you see /home? Or /home/user? Did you have /home on a
separate partition?

I can see a 'home' directory yes, but there's no /home/user when I click on it. There's just nothing.
When I setup my system, I had /home, /, and swap IIRR. So yes, I guess it was on its own partition.