Re: [SLE] step by step boot - howto
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 11:02:48 -0500
On 7/16/06, Carl Hartung wrote:
On Sunday 16 July 2006 10:51, Sunny wrote:
> How do I make this boot process slower / stop it / confirm step by
> step .. anything, please

Hi Sunny,

Try the boot option splash=none so you can scroll back (with Shift+PgUp) and
read the kernel messages? Disclaimer: extracted from my personal
troubleshooting archive but not personally tested.

Good luck!

Carl

Thanks Carl, that was it. Now I know the sourse of the problem :)

Posting a new thread.

Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Windows is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell for an 8-bit
operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor by a
2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.