[SLE] Enabling ThinkPad buttons R31 & SUSE 10.1
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 16:24:10 -0400
I'm trying to enable ThinkPad buttons etc., in SUSE 10.1, on an R31.
While the buttons appear to work, though not properly, there is still a
configuration issue with /dev/nvram. According to "Personal Settings"
"IBM ThinkPad Laptop, /dev/nvram permissions are supposed to be set to
666. However, I cannot get that value to stick. Instead, I get 644.
I've tried adding a mode to the mknod line in /etc/init.d/after.local
and also a separate chmod line. Neither of these seems to work. Any
idea how I can get the permissions to stay at 666?

tnx jk