[SLE] Viewing Attached Email Images
  • From: "PerfectReign" <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 05:37:40 -0700 (PDT)
For those discussing the heat, check this out -
http://www.perfectreign.com/?q=node/15 - saw that temp in the car near
the California / Arizona border on the way back from vacation
Saturday*.

In any case, I had sent my mother a few pictures of my trip (including
this one) as attachments. When she got them, she indicated they were
simply "grey." I went over yesterday to see what was happening.

She gets the attachments in Kmail just fine. When double-clicking, she
has the option to save or open in Gwenview. When opening in gwenview,
the images are very small. Double-clicking on the "small" image gets
only a grey screen with no mouse or keyboard input. (CTRL-SHIFT-ESC
works, though.)

I switched the "open" program for jpeg files to GIMP on her system,
and this works, except that the images now have to wait for GIMP to
open, which takes about twenty seconds.

Is there a better viewer solution? She's still on 9.2 for the moment.

*For those who haven't converted to fahrenheit yet, the temp in the
picture equals about 52 degrees celsius.

--
Kai Ponte
www.perfectreign.com